I have arrived in D.C.!

>> Monday, June 14, 2010

So I finally arrived here in D.C. yesterday afternoon! When I got here I first went to the place I am interning at, Dance Place. I got to see the space and met some of the staff. Then, I went to the house I am living this summer which I luckily found out that I was not living in the house at Maryland which I was originally assigned to. I got to move to the house right across the street from Dance Place so that was very exciting since I do not have a car here. The house is like a townhouse, it has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I live downstairs while my other 3 roommates live upstairs. Some of the other interns were going downtown to the pride festival and invited me to come so I decided to tag along because I wanted to see some of the city and get used to getting around. Saw some interesting things at the festival but also saw where some museums were and places around town that I would like to visit. Then we went and got some italian ice at a place called Rita's then I ordered some chinese take out for dinner at a place down the street. So at the end of the day, I was exhausted from traveling and going around town. Today I slept in and then went to our staff meeting at noon to meet all the staff and try to learn what is happening around here. After that, I was able to take one of the staff's car to the grocery store to get some food, I had a map and it wasn't too far away so it was pretty easy to find. Tonight I went and took a modern class from our director which was fun, I haven't taken a modern class in forever so it was nice. I will probably be sore tomorrow because I haven't danced in a month soo we will see! tomorrow I have an intern meeting and I will probably take another dance class which will probably be another modern and salsa class! So that is all I have for now! ciao

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP