2 and 1/2 weeks down

>> Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So not a whole has been going on since I wrote last, pretty much just been working in the office Mondays and Thursday and on Saturdays I studio manage. This past weekend I went to the Freer Gallery which has some artwork and stuff on Buddhism, Egypt, Japan, and culture stuff like that. Then I went to the Air and Space museum which was totally awesome. It had so much information in it that it was a little much to take in. It is 2 stories and it took about 2 and 1/2 hours to go through, probably could have stayed longer but my brain had all it could handle. It was really hot outside and of course lots of walking so I was really tired once I got back to my house. I ushered for a performance that night as well. Word dance theater was in town and did work based off Isadora Duncan's life which was pretty good and interesting. Sundays are quickly becoming my favorite days, they are so refreshing and God continually reminds me of the reasons I am here and that He is faithful. I went to church, this time I didn't have to walk 7 blocks out of the way! The sermon was exactly what I needed to hear and it was really encouraging. After service, they had a connection cafe for newcomers and provided us with pizza, fruit, salad, and cookies which were very good! I also met some people in the church as well as some of the staff. The best way to get to know people is through small groups and ironically enough, there is small group for dance and they will be doing some outreach to kids at a dance studio on National Dance Day so hopefully I will be able to do that. I also took a visit to the postal museum that day which was nice.
Last night, I went with some of the staff and interns to Georgetown cupcake, I had a salted caramel cupcake, man it was good :) TLC is actually about to premiere a show about them, called DC Cupcakes. I am excited for this weekend, mom and grandma will be arriving tomorrow night and we have plans to see a bunch of sights of course! I actually got us in for a tour at the Capitol so excited about that. I can't wait to see the fireworks either :) Good times ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP