Halfway point.

>> Thursday, July 15, 2010

So I feel like a lot has happened since I last wrote. I will start with 4th of July weekend. My mom and grandma got to come visit and see me which was a lot of fun. We spent as much time as we could in 3 days to see all the sights in DC. It was really tiring and exhausting, but we did a lot. I experienced my first Independence day parade and DC fireworks, which actually we thought we kinda disappointing and thought Nashville is actually better. I am still working on getting all those pics up on facebook. Since then I have been just doing my intern hours mainly and hanging around at home. This week has been the hardest week to say the least. I have reached the point where I hate being in the city, I am desperate for a change of scenery, ready to see some land and animals and not just buildings! I haven't had sweet tea since I've been here, the one time I did have "sweet tea" I could barely drink it was so bad. All the mexican places here are tex mex, which is okay but I miss the mexican back home. Gotta have my queso dip! I really miss being home in the south. Things were getting better on Monday when 2 of my roommates and I went to take a hip-hop class at a dance studio across town. It was really fun and we just had a good time. I discovered some classes I would like to take and even some free ones this upcoming week that would be free. However, yesterday I unfortunately I hurt my lower back really bad in dance class. It is frustrating, I was warm and we had been dancing for an hour and 15 min. We were doing improv and I went to bend over, then I felt a sudden charge of sharp pain everywhere in my lower back. It was a displacing feeling, I had never felt so much pain to the point I was crying it hurt so bad. I laid on the floor the rest of class, managed to get back across to my house after class, took advil and called my chiropractor from home. I basically strained my back really bad, I have been resting and icing it and feeling miserable. I hate being stuck inside laying around and it has made doing things very difficult. I can't really bend at all so it is frustrating. I am hoping it heals quickly, I am supposed to be dancing in a show next weekend even though my chiropractor told me not to dance for awhile..it is a frustrating time but all I can do at this point is seek the Lord.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP