Approaching my last week..

>> Thursday, August 12, 2010

So my time here in D.C. is coming to a close, which I am excited to get back south and see my family and friends. I haven't been as homesick these past couple weeks so that has been good and I have been enjoying myself. I really have met and worked with some great people here this summer and I have enjoyed getting to know the other interns and hanging out with them as well. This past week has really flown by, I haven't been able to keep track of my days. Last weekend I helped working with tech last minute for a company that performed this weekend here in which I really enjoyed their show. So I was busy this weekend doing that, I worked Monday in the office all day. Tuesday I went to the National Gallery of Art which was huge and I got some artwork as well! (just a print) I got a ballet scene from Edgar Degas, it was on sale too! So I only spent about 3 bucks :) Wednesday I was able to go to the Holocaust Museum which I thought was done very well. It was very real and it is hard to believe something like that could have happened. I think the three things that made it so real to me were being able to walk into an actual wagon they shoved the victims into, it wasn't too big and it said they put 100 people in it, I can't imagine. Also, there was a room of all their shoes, it didn't smell that great either..Towards the end they had a video playing of survivors of the Holocaust talking about what they saw, how they were separated from their families, how they were treated, rescue stories, etc. It was very touching and moving. Thursday I worked in the office again all day and then went to see the end of summer camp show which was good. I loved seeing the kids having fun and dancing. This weekend I am going to my first Nationals baseball game so I am excited for that. I am going to tour the Pentagon this coming week and I plan to visit the zoo and National Cathedral as well. So that's what is new here..only 8 days until Nashville :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP