A busy fun filled week!

>> Friday, August 6, 2010

So this past week has been full of activities and happenings so it has gone by really fast! I will start with last friday, I went on a tour to the White House and then I was able to go to the Capitol and sit in on the House of Representatives discussing a bill and in the Senate Gallery, not much was going on in there. I was there for maybe 5 minutes until they announced the court was adjourned until Monday ha. On Saturday, I had to studio manage in the morning and in the afternoon I head over to the National Mall for National Dance Day! Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton presented it to Nigel Lythgoe (judge and executive producer on so you think you can dance) and they had various dance performances throughout the day. There was also a flashmob for the dance Nappytabs created for dance day and fox was there filming it! So I got some pics of Nigel and with season 6 winner of So you think you can dance, Russell. I will try to put those up on facebook soon. On Sunday, I went to church which was great as usual. That night I went to a performance at Dance Place, it was a new and upcoming choreographer show featuring different works. Monday I had to work in the office. Tuesday I finally took class for the 1st time since my back injury, I was careful and didn't do any jumps and it went pretty well :) I hate that I still feel a little restricted because I am afraid to go all out and risk injuring it again. Then we had our intern meeting and that afternoon I went down to look at the Museum of Natural History again. I had only seen the 1st floor before, the 2nd floor is really big, there is so much in there! But I really enjoy it! It is definitely one of my favorite museums here. Wednesday I went to the grocery store and then to the National Archives to see the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence! It was cool to see the originals, although the Declaration of Ind. is really rough looking, you can't really see what was wrote and who signed it. On Wednesday night, one of roomies, Maddie and I had preview tickets for Step Up 3d which we got for free through work :) It was a predictable movie but the dancing was really good (lots of it too compared to the other 2) and it was a fun movie to see. Thursday I worked in the office all day and helped focus some lights. Today (Friday) I went with the summer camp to Six Flags! I'm pretty sure I rode every roller coaster they have, which I love but somehow I don't think I do as much anymore because my body is actually feelings the effects ha. They gave me a headache from banging my head around, the wooden ones were fun but they were really rough to ride ha! So all in all, a great week. I only have 2 weeks left here! I have more stuff on my list to do before I leave so I will report those when I start my adventures again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP